Friday, April 8, 2011

Things I know

Another week has flown by and I'm linking in with Shae from Yay for Home! to share the things I know this week.


* The last few weeks of pregnancy are problematic because you want to eat and eat... but not cook and cook.

* Even though I've been baking our own bread for the last 5 years, every loaf fills me with the same giddy joy as the very first time I made my own bread.   It really is the simple things...

* The very rare days when you have just baked a fresh loaf of bread AND you're opening a new jar of vegemite AND starting a fresh tub of Nuttlex (Kosher Nuttelex is the best vegan butter substitute in my opnion) are some of my most favourite days!  It's like a little food miracle right in your own kitchen!
Today's loaf is Crusty White.... because sometimes you just want some white bread.

*  Having a 5 year old who can whip up a batch of muffins on her own is soooo cool in so many ways!

*  I'm having a mashed potato revival!  after not having made it for like a year, I've made it twice this week!  and it was good.  Very good.

 *  making some stewed apples and pears at the end of the week is even better when it seems like no-one ate any apples all week, coz then I get to eat LOTS of stewed apples!!

*  stewing the apples in a bit of coconut cream, instead of a bit of water, makes it even better!
 

3 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I want to learn to bake my own bread oh nom nom ...all the talk of food in this post ...I know it has me drool.

Good luck on the home stretch.

Unknown said...

Your post makes me hungry, wow full of good foods, I hope to find recipes in your blog.

Wishing you the best on the upcoming birth.

shae said...

nom nom nom